hs_02

Keysoe Mill

Keysoe Mill stood at Brook End, and is shown on the Bryants map 1825/26. The photograph was taken in 1931. The mill had an unusual fox weathervane, with its brush to the wind. A mill is recorded in 1765 on the same site. It is possible the earlier 13th and 14th century mills were also on this site.

Edward Peacock owned the mill in 1848. James Green was miller in 1864, followed by his son Frederick Green, 1890-1906, who was also tenant at Riseley Mill at the same time.

John Filsell took over the mill about 1915, and was still running it in 1931. Soon after that it was blown down during a storm.

Keysoe Mill 2