hs_02

Riseley Mill

Riseley Mill was situated on the north side of the road to Keysoe, and nearly half a mile from the village, as shown on the Bryants map 1825/26. It was working up to 1916. The photograph was taken in 1931, at which time the owner was Lord St. John.

The tenant millers were Robert Rootham in 1848, and Richard Simpson in 1869, then Frederick Green, who owned Keysoe mill during the same time, followed by Daniel Rootham and his son, Benjamin Rootham, who worked it from about 1876-1916.

Riseley also had another mill situated close to the boundary of Swineshead. It was working up to 1898, soon after which time it was demolished.

Riseley Mill